Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What is out there? Who else is writing on my topic?

After collecting the first bits and pieces on Social Media and the Construction Industry, I soon realized that there is only limited information "out there". For sure, I will have to spend some more time on the search for more bloggers. However, did I really expect that the construction industry will be at the forefront of e-marketing?
No, of course not. But isn't just that a great opportunity?
I will have to ask myself and my peers:
  • What are valuable applications of Social Media in the Construction Industry? 
  • What are the business needs and business cases which can be supported by Web 2.0"If you take a business that is a bad business and put it online, it’s still a bad business. It’s just become an online bad business." (Michael Dell)
  • Who are the users / customers"The stupid, loyal and humble customer, employee, patient or citizen is dead.” (Kjell Nordstrom)
  • How will my customers' behavior change due to the use of Social Media? 
  • Who in the construction industry will finally use it? Keywords: Technographics, Altimeter.
  • What can we learn from other industries which are already in transition towards Web 2.0? 
  • How can a construction-related service company create a sustainable competitive advantage by using e-marketing and Web 2.0 applications? 
  • How will I apply my marketing tool kit?
Many questions and only few answers! I am looking forward to my new e-marketing venture.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment